here’s the major sections.
- your relationship with us / or: a few legalities
- license agreement / or: how you can use and reuse our content
- termination / or: the front door
- what you can expect from us / or: how we provide our services and what those services are
- what we expect from you / or: the rules of our services
- warranty / or: how there aren’t any guarantees about our content
- when do these policies apply / or: how do i use these?
- tl;dr / or: what does this mean for you?
your relationship with us:
- these terms help define the relationship between you and lucas’s blog.
- in general, we give you permission to use our services if you agree to follow these terms.
- when we speak of “lucas’s blog,” “we,” “us,” and “our,” we mean lucas potter, lucas’s blog, and our affiliates.
- idealism would have me release all content under CC-BY or CC0.
- realism says i can’t do that. assume all content has All Rights Reserved unless otherwise noted.
- we reserve the right to terminate your access of this website at any time immediately and without notice.
- we will terminate your access if, in our sole discretion, you fail to comply with any term or provision of these terms.
- this includes any illegal activity or any action taken to interfere with the operation of this website.
- if you are terminated: you must immediately destroy all materials obtained and related to this website.
what you can expect from us:
- “regular” blog posts
- occasional life updates
- improvement of content consumption experience
- rss feed that works. probably.
- 99.9% uptime
what we expect from you:
- follow these terms
- follow the law
- do not be a staff member of the coopersville area public school district nor have a relationship with any staff member of the CAPSD that is more involved then the average student and oh my god do i mean this. y’all have been problematic for me so now you can’t come here. except mr. hicks, he’s cool.
- also if you’re a teacher’s kid or something, sorry, i can’t trust you
- don’t be a jerk
- please don’t be under 13 because then i have to deal with COPPA and parental consent. tbh i don’t feel like it so i will just toss you out the front door.
- let me repeat: if you are a staff member of the coopersville area public school district and i find out you are reading my blog without prior consent, i will send a cease and desist letter to your house. mr. hicks gets that prior consent because he’s cooler than the rest of you.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE PROVIDE OUR SERVICES “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY WARRANTIES ABOUT THE CONTENT OR FEATURES OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THEIR ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS.
- we collect your ip when you access this site
- i can get a vague location of where you are from this but so can anyone
- we also use your ip to make sure you are not a staff member of the coop- listen i’ve said this several times. i will hand deliver the cease and desist to your front door. watch me.
- we collect any inputted information and your ip when you leave a comment.
- i will call the cops if you leave a comment with detailed bomb making instructions. please understand that this is a felony and there will be no hesitation to call 911 if you tell me about crime you are commiting.
- another cookie function is the “age gate” aka the staff member check.
- we DO NOT use ads. nor do we use any tracking cookies. we used to use pico, but not anymore.
- if you have given us your email at any time, past present future, we will yell at you occasionally. no spam, we promise.
- you technically have the right to control the information we use and collect, but you have to email me for that. we will give you all the data we have on you and will delete anything you want us to delete, otherwise we’d be breaking some laws.
- we don’t share your information with outside parties except akismet.
- are you in california or virginia? didn’t think so. if you actually are? you have rights under the CCPA and the VCDPA. read about those, they’re good for your health.
when do these policies apply?
- they apply to all services offered on this blog. and by all i mean the blog. just the blog.
- they apply when you are using the blog.
- they DO NOT apply to any sites you go to from here. if you get angy at a youtube video i linked to from here, then please. yell at that website.
- if anything changes here, you will be informed. unless it’s me fixing a typo, in which case i know you don’t want to hear about it.
- unless you do. email me if you do. sociopath.
- your agreement to these terms is implied by your continued use of this website.
- you don’t agree with the terms? stop using the website.
- all content is under All Rights Reserved unless otherwise noted.
- i can immediately terminate your access to this website.
- you can expect some “pretty good” content from us
- we expect that you’ll be nice and won’t break the law
- we also expect that you’re over 13
- there are no warranties about the content or features here.
- we collect and use data about you.
- these policies apply while you’re here and nowhere else
- and i repeat for a fourth time. if you are a staff member of the coopersville area public school district. you aren’t allowed here. please click the back button on your browser of choice.
- i pay for hosting so i can do what i want
- you do not pay for hosting so you have no rights except what’s been enumerated here
thank you for reading!
– lucas potter